According to Planet Subaru in Hanover Massachusetts, the new 2016 WRX and STi models should arrive in their dealership around July. Don’t expect the new model to have any major upgrades. Usually, after a new generation, slight upgrades are added such as exterior, audio, and headlights.
Annually, Subaru makes very minor updates. These include new upholstery patterns, new exterior colors, audio/connectivity upgrades, and the introduction or deletion of option packages. Subaru makes very modest annual price increases, usually only $200 or $300…which is less than the rate of inflation.
Possible future options on the 2016 WRX and STi models are the following:
- Optional STi Wing Delete
- Starlink Infotainment
- Subaru Eyesight
For everyone who purchased the 2015 models, continue to enjoy the new features and what it has to offer. And most importantly, happy modding!!
In case you were wondering what the new features are for the 2015 WRX, here it is:
- First six speed transmission (previously available only on STi)
- New 268-hp 2.0-liter direct-injection turbo BOXER engine with 0-60 just north of 5 seconds
- New torque-vectoring system reduces understeer
- Available as a sedan only
- New optional Sport Lineartronic® CVT with manual modes
- Flat bottom steering wheel
- Premium audio: harman/kardon® offered for the first time in a WRX.
- 4.3 inch LCD multi information display
- Limited models get first-ever power driver seat and low beam LED headlights.
You can also get a detailed summary from my previous post here.
Hopefully, in the upcoming month or so, I will be able to share some updates on my car and what’s been going on during this past winter. The northeast has been hammered with snowstorms after snowstorms. It is very difficult to work on the car without a heated garage and snow as high as seven feet in some areas.